Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Procrastination is key...

This is definitely procrastination in action as I create this post. Instead of writing this blog post I should be finishing my chinese homework, studying my 25 new characters/vocabulary words, reading my transnationalism text, reading my international relations text, preparing my article review, writing my research proposal, or packing for my weeklong trip (which will probably happen next since it is the most fun out of all the things on my to-do list). Yes this is the week from hell. Lucky for my I have had my share of distractions already this week, and it is only Tuesday! Monday morning I woke up to another Monsoon. The winds were howling and the rain was pouring. This pictures can't do justice for how hard the wind was blowing those poor palm trees and the rain that is flooding the storm drains. Yuck. It can be entertaining to watch though when you don't want to be doing your homework, especially the people who get caught in it unprepared. ;-)

Monsoon
 After 8 hours of class, Emily and I decided to go to the mall in search of the swim suit I still need to get for our trip. Zhongshan Park is a seven story mall the size of lancaster mall. Seriously stack SEVEN Lancasters and you will have this place. Was there a swim suit in the whole place, nope, but did that get down my mood, nope. Nothing could disappoint me on this day because I was headed to Malone's. Some of the guys had been spreading word about Monday Night Malone's and I was intrigued. The deal on Mondays is a pint of beer and a burger for 50rmb, a steal of a deal, and I was craving a burger. I have never enjoyed a piece of beef so much. We went with a crowd of 11 and Emily and I both got Malone's House Burger- Cheddar cheese, onions, mushrooms, bacon, and the burger. YUM.
It was well worth the rain and the lack of a swim suit purchase.

Malone's
Today was all about the studying, meeting with Jojo (my tutor) and catching up on my pile of laundry. While it doesn't seem like much, I have ended my day feeling very accomplished. After our program meeting we went for dinner and were then pointed in the direction of a great pudding joint right out the back gate and had mango "pudding" which seems more like jello with fruit slices but who knows in this country. It was really good and some of the first "fruit" I have had since I got here with the exception of bananas. We will be going back there for sure. 

The rest of this week is going to consist of trying to get as much done as possible in a short period of time so that we can have the maximum amount of fun for 10 days straight.
SOOOO ExCiTeD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment