Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Night


Well I made it! I spent my first night sleeping on a board... My mattress is literally a board with a sheet around it. My first exchange with my roommate this morning (i was asleep last night before she came in) was "good morning, is your bed as hard as mine?" "you mean a rock?" We decided to look for mattress pads when they take us shopping tonight! 
I got in around five last night and went through the airport like a breeze! We waited for the rest of the students they were picking up and then the 6 of us got on a "bus" which is a small van with all our luggage and made our way to the university. The bus was so overloaded that I don't think we ever went over 30mph. It took us like 3 hours to get here and when we did we dropped our bags in our room and went looking for food. A Chinese student, Daniel, took us to his favorite Sichuan place right outside the gate. Yum! We ate so fast because we all just wanted to come home and sleep... on a board.
Today we have a filled day of orientation meetings and then shopping. I still havent figured out how to get on Facebook or my blog so this is graciously being posted by Elle back home. Email and skype work great though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment