Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Girl's Day Out and a Boy's Day Out (with a girl tag along)

Friday morning Laurie and I decided to have a girls day. We went to Zhongshan Park 中山公园 which is the giant mall about a 10 minute bus ride from campus. We went to Starbucks which has just started serving their holiday drinks in their holiday cups. Yay! I had an amazing Toffee Nut Latte and for the first time felt like the holidays are coming. We wandered around the mall and found an interior decorating store full of Christmas decorations. I finally felt like I wasn't totally secluded from the holiday scene and I loved it! After perusing H&M and coming out empty handed we decided to get our nails done. We found this adorable little salon called Sweet Nails. They were really reasonably priced and the shop was adorable. It was a red and pink with hearts theme. We each had two women working on our nails and got pampered for about two hours. It was exactly the way we wanted to spend our girls day out, we of course wouldn't have been complete without a bottle of red wine and gossip! ;-)
Starbucks Christmas cups even in China
Toffee Nut Latte. Yay for the holidays!!!
Mani/Pedi at Sweet Nails!
Pink and Purple
 Saturday I needed to go back to the fabric market to pick up the things I had ordered last weekend. Drew, Robert, and James were already planning on going out there so I tagged along. When we got there we met up with more of the CIEE boys. Unfortunately the suit I had made for myself didn't fit very well so I had to leave it behind to get in another week. The other suits and the jeans that I had made all were finished and hopefully all fit! Robert and James both got fitted for suits and jeans as well. This market it truly overwhelming and unreal. Stall after stall are lined up with different articles of clothing to sell. You can get anything made such as jeans, suits, coats, formal gowns, costumes, dress shirts, silk robes, and traditional Chinese clothing. Three floors of fabric and custom tailors at our disposal for a very inexpensive price. The quality of the clothing that comes out of this place is surely not up to par with something we would buy back home, but the price is so much cheaper that it is silly not to purchase something while we are here.
The Fabric Market (Robert getting fitted)

No comments:

Post a Comment